Basel, Switzerland, Öffentliche Bibliothek der Universität, MS F IX 55
Provenance: The first part of the manuscript was copied by Jacob Salandronius (Salzmann), teacher at the Latin School of St. Theodor in Basel, between 1507 and 1510. It was folded and posted to 'Matis brotbeck in der cleinen stat' (Mathis brotbeck [baker] in Kleinbasel), together with the second part which must thus date from the same time as the first or earlier. A later ownership remark (probably by Brotbeck states 'Filius suus dono mihi misit ex Tegbuiler Urbe Helvetia', indicating that it was Salandronius' son who had sent the volume to him, possibly from Tägerwilen near Constance. The manuscript was possibly later in the possession of the Remigius Faesch Museum whose holdings were taken over by Basel University Library in 1823.
last quarter of the 19th century, Basel, Switzerland
yellow pasteboard over
Only front cover survives, bound before main body of ms.
1983, Basel, Switzerland
beige linen over pasteboard