Seville, Spain, Biblioteca Capitular y Colombina, MS 7-1-28
(Cancionero de la Colombina)
1. Late 15th century (c. 1490?), possibly in Seville. 2. Bought in 1534 by Hernando Colón (*1488, †1539), an illegitimate son of the sailor Cristóbal Colón. 3. Colón bequeathed his library (the so-called "Fernandina" or "Colombina") to his nephew Luis. 4. Collection passed to chapter of Seville Cathedral in 1552.
white parchment over none
Endpapers: front and back: 1 endpaper with pastedown
18th-century binding and covers. On Spine: "No. 27, CAT IV." Has two leather ties. Restored by Barbachana and Beny in 1996.