Berlin, Germany, Staatsbibliothek Preussischer Kulturbesitz, MS Mus. 40021 (olim Z 21)
The exact place of origin of this choirbook has not yet been convincingly established. Just 1975 suggests Leipzig as the place of origin. Fétis discovered the manuscript in 1849 at the cathedral in Halberstadt, and it has been suggested as well that it originated there. Ehmann 1936, however, suggested that the manuscript was copied in Torgau, and later sent to Halberstadt. Probably held in Halberstadt until the 19th century. Acquired by the Preussische Staatsbibliothek from Butsch Antiquariat in Augsburg.
light brown on white leather over wood , with clasps
Decoration: original covers: blind tooled and stamped
Endpapers: paper, front and back
Original covers of white tooled leather on boards, with leather spine and ornamented brass clasps.